Definition of Last, Middle and First Name
1. Known as Surname or Family Name
2. A heredity name common to member of a family
1. Known as Second Name
1. Know as Given Name
2. A personal name given to someone at birth
Malaysian Passport Name Convention When Making Flight Reservations
Malaysian passport unlike other passports, does not have a separate field for First and Last Name. It is reflected in a single line therefore there are confusions when entering the first and last name when making reservations.
Following is an example of how the first and last names to be entered.
|Passport Name||First Name||Last Name|
|Ahmad Faliq Bin Hamedi||Bin Hamedi||Ahmad Faliq|
|Safiyya Aliaa Binti Abu Bakar||Binti Abu Bakar||Safiyya Aliaa|
|Vincent Tan Ming Ban||Ming Ban||Vincent Tan|
|Foo Mei Mei||Mei Mei||Foo|
|Isaiah Anak Jiee||Anak Jiee||Isaiah|
|Angelina Anak Kawau||Anak Kawau||Angelina|
1. Name on the ticket must follow the sequence of the name appeared on the passport
2. Enter Bin / Binti / Anak in the First Name field if exist in Passport
3. Insertion of Middle Name is not mandatory provided the Last Name and First Name are entered accordingly.
4. Mandatory to enter at least 2 characters in the last name field and 1 character in the first name field.
Names exceeding character limitation
Use initials for the first name
|Name on Passport||Putra Muhammad Aniq Mokhtar Shah Bin Putra Muhammad Yaqzan Akhbar Shah|
|Last Name||Putra Muhammad Aniq Mokhtar Shah|
Last Name Unknown (LNU)
|Name on Passport||Susanti|
First Name Unknown (FNU)
|Name on Passport||Andre|
Single Letter Last Name
|Name on Passport||Y Moana|
Departure control system staff will be responsible to print the boarding pass without the additional "Y"
1. Full name / correct name of the guest to be notified and must be indicated in the reservations under remarks.
2. Hyphen in name must be omitted when making booking.